Thursday, September 6, 2018

Thursday, September 6, 2018

BENJI Good morning! I’m Benji Riddle – Director of Youth Ministry at Central United Methodist. When we seek to earnestly live our lives for God, we find that this road isn’t always easy. We have times of incredible joy and indescribable happiness, and times of great difficulty and hardship, as well. We find that we cannot travel through life without encountering both good and evil. Even the late Billy Graham had difficult times. He said “The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, ‘O God, forgive me,’ or ‘Help me.’ It’s in this sentiment we find something beautiful because even in the midst of these hard times, we can go to God and find our help. Jesus, in John Chapter 16, says that we will indeed face suffering in this world, yet we will also find peace through Christ, and we should take heart and be courageous because Christ has overcome the world. You are not alone. God is with you. Seek Christ today, in the midst of trials, and find peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment