Monday, May 27, 2019

Monday, May 27, 2019

MATT Good morning! I’m Matt Farmer, Associate Pastor at Central United Methodist Church in downtown Meridian. If you have kids or have been around them for any length of time, you know that sometimes they need a change in attitude. Often times, I have to remind my own son that our attitude affects many aspects of our life, even when we don’t realize it. This truth reminds me of a song I used to sing in church as a child. The words to this song said, Are you humbly grateful or grumbly hateful? What’s your attitude? Do you grumble and groan, or let it be known you’re grateful for all God’s done for you? In truth, I believe that we would all do well to be reminded from time to time that our attitude can change everything. Are we going through life looking for all the things that have gone wrong so that we can complain or are we looking at life through the lens of God’s grace? When we realize all the many blessings that God has given us, how can our attitude be anything other than grateful. Psalm 9:1 says, I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. My prayer is that this would be the attitude that I have everyday and my hope that it is the desire of your heart as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment