Thursday, May 30, 2019

Thursday, May 30, 2019

GLENDA Good Morning. The disciples following Jesus watched him often go to his Father in prayer. I don't think they knew how to pray, because they asked Jesus to teach them how. That prayer that Jesus taught them is called The Lord's Prayer and most of us know that by heart. It's a very simple prayer, and we understand most of it. However, there is one part that really gets to me. That's the part that says, “forgive us our debts, as we forgive others.” That one word AS is a bummer! Because we are asking God to forgive us in the same way that we forgive others. That tells me that if I can't forgive someone who has hurt me or done me wrong in some way, then God won't forgive me. That's a scary thought, right? So, in that simple prayer Jesus is teaching us the importance of forgiveness. No matter how big or how small the hurt, we are to be the forgivers...especially if we want God to forgive us. Think about that and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment