Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

JOHN Good Morning! I’m John Branning the Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. My wife and I will celebrate our 22nd wedding anniversary next month and it would seem that I know her pretty well. But every once in a while, she says or does something that surprises me – and I think to myself, "Wow, I guess I didn't know her as well as I thought!" The more time I spend with her, the more I get to know her – her heart, her character – the more we become intimate. The same is true with any relationship but especially our most important relationship, that is, our relationship with Jesus. There's really no going around it. True intimacy doesn't come in an instant. It takes time. If we want to be close to the Lord, we must spend time with Him – getting to know Him – His heart – His character. What you will find out as you become more intimate in following Jesus is how irresistible he is. The Jesus of the Gospels is one of radical love, forgiveness, and relationship. I invite you to connect with our community at Central this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment