Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

SABRINA I am the worst at running on fumes in my car. It is not until I lose the miles to empty and am left with the blinking light that I realize the dire need for gas and feel some ridiculous satisfaction that I made it with only five miles left. Recently, standing at the pump I thought what if I had encountered bad traffic or had a call that dictated I make an unexpected detour? I would have been stranded. The same is true for us spiritually. Too often we just coast along, living on fumes from day to day, wondering why we have no joy. It never occurs to us that like our cars, when we neglect to keep our spiritual tanks filled. We are simply coasting through life. We refuel with quick prayers, a Bible verse or two, and a weekend church service, which isn’t enough. In Romans 12:1, we are reminded “in view of God’s mercy, to offer bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God — this is our true and proper worship.” When we look to God and realize what He’s done for us, it will change how we approach Him and live our lives. That said, what if each time we fill our vehicles with gas, we use that time reflecting on our spiritual tanks and how to fill them to the fullest? Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment