Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

BOB Good morning! This is Bob Peden of Central - a United Methodist Community. In 1779, former slave trader, John Newton, wrote, "Amazing grace how sweet the sound, That saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found. Was blind but now I see." God's amazing grace does indeed come flooding in upon our lives as we begin our walk with Jesus Christ. But as we continue our walk, our lives are no less grace-filled. It is only by God's all-empowering grace that we are able to be the people God would have us to be. It is only by God's all-encompassing grace that we are able to reach others for Christ. And it is only by God's re-redeeming grace that our spiritual lives can be refreshed when our faith seems small and dry. And so, along with John Newton, I can sing of God's amazing grace saving a wretch like me. And I can also sing with songwriter, Keith Green, "O Lord, You’re beautiful, Your face is all I seek, For when Your eyes are on this child, Your grace abounds to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment