Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday, August 15, 2011

BOB PEDEN

This is Bob Peden of Central United Methodist Church. I believe that God exists with every fiber of my being. I have given my life to following that conviction. But I cannot prove that He exists by scientific standards. How can I? If He is God the Creator, how can those he created understand and prove His existence? I am not sure I would want to follow a God so ordinary that His Creation could prove His existence. So my decision to believe in God is very much an act of faith.

This is the kind of faith the apostle Paul is talking about when he says, “Faith is the assurance of things hoped for.” We cannot prove the existence of God, but when we have faith in him we see evidence of his existence everywhere. And we anticipate the day when our faith will become sight. When we shall see him face to face. That is why I follow him. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment