Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursday, October 4, 2012

SABRINA



My husband Rick and I often go to a local restaurant with another couple.  After only a couple of visits to this restaurant, we walked in, only to have the waiter who had served us before, look at each of us and quickly tell us our drink order.  It was a good feeling to know that our being there had made an impression, and we were remembered.



It also made me realize how paying attention to the small, relatively insignificant details can make another person feel special.



Jesus paid attention to what we might think small insignificant details - children, a woman who touched the hem of his garment, a small man in a tree.



I am often so focused, with tunnel vision that I miss not only the details, but the people along my path.  A very nice man in a restaurant quietly, unknowingly, preached a sermon to me, reminding me that details are significant.

I encourage you to join me in taking this gentleman's silent sermon to heart. To someone today, you could be the only person who seemingly cares.  To someone today, your attention to detail could be the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment