Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wednesday, October, 24, 2012

OWEN



Good morning! I am Owen Weddle, Associate Pastor at Central.



In Genesis, God tells Abraham that He is going to bless and make Abraham's name great. But more than that, God says that through Abraham, God would bless all the world. In other words, God isn't concerned about Abraham because Abraham is so great and deserves it. Abraham has done nothing to make himself worthy of such a promise. Instead, God blesses Abraham so that the entire world can experience the same blessing.



When God does something great for you or me, it isn't just about you or me. It is tempting in my spirituality to think God loves me because I am just so lovable and great to be around. But God is concerned about more people than just you or me. But if we hoard all that we get for our own use and benefit, we cut off the pipeline that God wants to use to bring peace to the entire world. By selfishly hoarding, we create jealousy and envy in others. And instead of a world of prosperity and peace, we live in conflict and destroy what God has given. But love does not hoard... it is generous and brings peace!



May God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment