Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

JIM WALL



Good Morning!



A mild-mannered man was reading a book about being self-assertive and decided to start at home.  So he stormed into his house, pointed a finger at his wife, and said, “From now on I’m the boss around here and my word is the law!  I want you to prepare me a gourmet meal and draw my bath.  Then, after I’ve eaten and finished my bath, guess who’s going to dress me and comb my hair.”  “The mortician,” replied his wife.



Good leaders don’t rely on dominating others – not at home, in church, or in business.  They balance self-assertiveness with the principle of submitting to one another.  They listen respectfully, admit when they are wrong, show a willingness to change, and mix gentleness with firmness.  Submissive leadership requires a kind and gentle honesty that will attend to others’ needs and win their love and loyalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment