Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

JIM CAIN
GOOD MORNING!



I had walked too far, ending up in a neighborhood unfamiliar to me. A glance at my cell phone told me the battery had long since died. The streetlights came on, and I hurried from one pale pool of light to the next, desperately searching for some familiar landmark.



Finally, admitting I was lost, I approached a house where the movement of a curtain in the front window suggested someone was home. Hoping for directions or the use of a phone, I knocked on the door.



The man who opened the door appeared strangely pleased to see me, as though he had been waiting for someone he didn’t know. With a smile he ushered me into the dimly lit room. Responding to my confession of being lost, he said, “So, then no one knows you’re here.” And as he finished talking, I heard a key turn in the lock.



Do you ever feel lost and afraid in this world? In John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment