Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday, March 28, 2014

DENNIS

Good Morning. Some of you may live in a house with
teenagers, as I do, and they love scary movies. The other
night they wanted to watch a movie about a young girl who
was possessed. Honestly, I do not understand our cultures’
fascination with such things. There has been a lot of money
spent on making these films; not to mention all the books
that have been written on the subject over the years.

Somehow, we have become intrigued with sinister beings
inhabiting people unawares, guiding their thoughts and
actions.

During this time of year of the church, we are reminded to
invite the One who came down so that we may be raised
up, into our lives. Apostle Paul wrote, “I no longer live, but it
is Christ who lives in me. So, I live my life in this earthly
body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave
himself for me.” Today, we all can possess the One who
possesses all things. I’m Dennis Gossett, Associate Pastor
at Central United Methodist Church. Have a great and
blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment