Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thursday, March 20, 2014

DENNIS

Good Morning. I’m Dennis Gossett, Associate Pastor at
Central United Methodist Church. Do you feel rushed? I
know in my own life, things pile up and time gets away from
me quickly. Family, work, and even church all are bidden
for my time.

The unfortunate consequence to all of this is being emptied
and never re­fueled. However, there is someone very
consistent no matter of life situations. That person is Jesus
Christ. He is always pleading with us to slow down. He
invites us to intentionally take our time and focus on his
words, and just listen.

Often in life, it is very easy to lose our focus of the most
important things in life. If not careful, we can end up
chasing those things that are worthless. Our Lord says to
us, “labor for the bread from heaven and not the bread that
perishes.” Seeking God allows you and me to fill our hearts
with desires borne in eternity. Do you desire to seek after
the Christ filled life? You are invited to Central UMC to
journey with us, as we seek to go deeper into the
nonperishable bread from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment