Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Wednesday, March 19, 2014


JIM CAIN

I was in the “library” reading on my iPad early one morning
when my book disappeared & suddenly I saw my own face,
and the words Face Time appeared – there was my
youngest son smiling and waving as he said in one long
sentence, “Morning Dad when you are getting ready to go
to church could you wear a blue blazer and a yellow tie so
we can match brother said he would wear his blue blaz...”
And then he paused and said awkwardly, “Uh, Dad where
are you?”  Before I could answer, a friend of my son
popped up from behind Doc.  It hit me, I was “reading” so I
pointed the screen ceiling ward and said, “Um, guys let me
call y’all back.”

In retrospect, my Face Time session was like the 1st time I
prayed or “Face Timed” with God. Though I couldn’t see
him, I had been to church enough in my childhood to know
that He could see and hear me perfectly. The words of that
prayer have long slipped through the drain that has become
my memory, but I know that it became easier to talk to God
the more I gave over to Him. And that once I learned he
was more interested in what I was telling Him than where I
was or what I looked like then those conversations became
longer and frequent as the days went by. Have you “Face
Timed’ with God today? Try it; I think you’ll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment