Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday, June 26, 2015

BOB

Good morning! This is Bob Peden of Central a United Methodist Community here in Meridian. Sometimes I am asked if you have to go to church to be a Christian, can’t you worship God just as well in nature - like on the golf course.

For me going to church each Sunday is not a “must do” event. It is a “want to” part of my life. Sure, I can, and often do, worship God when I see a tree, or a flower petal, a blade of grass, or a mighty mountain. But I worship Him best when I am around others who also are worshiping. I love being in a community of believers singing God’s praises.

For me, I cannot imagine being a Christian and not wanting to be a part of Christ’s body - the community of believers. At Central we are that kind of community. We love to hear one another’s stories, we love to sing and to pray and to learn together. By being connected to one another we become more connected to God than we ever could on our own. So I don’t know if you have to go to church to be a Christian, but I can’t imagine not wanting to be there every Sunday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment