Monday, June 8, 2015

Monday, June 8, 2015

DENNIS

Good morning everyone. I am Dennis Gossett with Central United Methodist Church. As a child I remember having a very active imagination. I loved hearing my 3rd grade teacher read us The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis. As Mrs. Dewey read, I was actually inside the wardrobe and could feel the cold snow on the other side. I could see the faun and the lion.

When I was about 16 years old, my mother bought an old wardrobe that my dad converted it into an entertainment center. When I saw it, memories from 3rd grade came flooding back; and occasionally, I would open its door quickly hoping to catch a glimpse of Narnia.

Even though this was a fictitious place, it was preparing me to have faith in a real place that I cannot see. The Apostle Paul encourages the Christians at Corinth to “fix your eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”

What are your eyes fixed upon today? Is it simply on material things or is it on something beyond your sight? I invite you to come and be a part of our community, as we help each other set our sights on eternity. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment