Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

BOB

Good morning! This is Bob Peden of Central a United Methodist Community here in Meridian. In June of 2013, I watched on TV, along with thousands of others as Nik Wallenda walked across a gorge of the Grand Canyon. Just this last week, I watched as an older lady on a walker inched across the street as impatient motorist drummed their fingers on their steering wheel.

We Christians often talk about our walk with the Lord. One of the two walks I described reminded me of my walk with Christ. And it may not be the one you are thinking. For you see our Christian walk is not one high above the clouds, where everyone cheers us on. Rather our walk is more like that of the older lady. One small step at a time. Overcoming the small obstacles that look so easy for others. Often incurring their impatience at our slow speed. But like the lady I watched cross the street, we persevere until we reach the other side.

Come join with us at Central, we will walk along with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment