Friday, January 22, 2016

Friday, January 22, 2016

SABRINA

Several months ago, I noticed an emaciated stray dog in an open lot on my way

home.  The dog was there day after day.  One day when passing I noticed that a

car had stopped and a woman was pouring a pile of dog food out.

As weeks went on, the dog was still there but looking much healthier.  Several

times over the past weeks I have seen the same woman.  She now parks her car,

pours out the food, and walks away, but does not leave.

When I saw her this last time, she had poured the food but was walking much

closer to the dog, but not imposing herself. I was in awe - the picture became

clear.  Day after day this woman comes, cares for this stray but does not force

herself upon it. She is waiting for this dog to come to HER.

It struck me, she is doing for this dog what God does for us. He loves us, cares

for us, nurtures us - even when we do not turn to or trust in Him. BUT on that

day when we realize that for God, we are an emaciated shell, He is there - He

was all along. I do not know who this woman is, but once again, God has used a

simple quiet moment to tell His extraordinary story of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment