Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

JOHN

Good Morning! I’m John Branning, the Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. I also serve as a Chaplain in the MSARNG, and one of my favorite texts that I love to share with my Soldiers is found in Proverbs 27:17 which says, “As Iron sharpens Iron, so one person sharpens another.”

I love the image of the iron maker as God has designed us to build one another and to sharpen one another to be a warrior for the kingdom of God. This is something all of us should embrace today as we accept the call to sharpen one another and to be sharpened by one another.

Let our words today be used to lift up and build those around us. Let our actions set an example before our community that we can be counted on in the most difficult of moments. Ultimately, let us live in such a way that it is said of us that we are “iron makers” that follow the way of Jesus.
If you are ready to be sharpened and to sharpen others, come and be a part of the community of Central UMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment