Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

BOB

In 1779, former slave
trader, John Newton,
wrote, “Amazing
grace how sweet the
sound that saved a
wretch like me. I once
was lost but now am
found. Was blind but
now I see.” God’s
amazing grace does
indeed come flooding
in upon our lives as
we begin our walk
with Jesus Christ.

But as we continue
our walk, our lives are
no less grace filled.

It is only by God’s all-
empowering grace
that we are able to be the people God would
have us to be.

It is only by God’s all-
encompassing grace
that we are able to
reach others for
Christ.

And it is only by
God’s re-redeeming
grace that our
spiritual lives can be
refreshed when our
faith seems small and
dry.

And so, along with
John Newton, I can
sing of God’s
amazing grace
saving a wretch like
me.

And I can also sing
with songwriter Keith
Green “O Lord,
You’re beautiful, Your
face is all I seek, For
when Your eyes are
on this child, Your
grace abounds to me.






No comments:

Post a Comment