Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

JONATHAN

Hi, I’m Jonathan Crabtree, Pastor for Student Ministry at Central United Methodist Church in downtown Meridian. There are certain things that once used, we can never get them back, and one of those is our words. Once we say something, we can never return those words, can we? So, what does that show us? Words are powerful. We can encourage someone; or hurt someone; we can make others laugh; or make others cry. Words are important. Words are powerful.

When we speak, we truly speak what matters to us. The Psalmist writes in Psalm 25, verse 14, “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.” When our words reflect what we know God is doing in and through our lives, then imagine how powerful and effective and life-changing our words can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment