Monday, August 20, 2018

Monday, August 20, 2018

BENJI Good morning! I’m Benji Riddle – Director of Youth Ministry at Central United Methodist. Today is Monday, and for some of us, that’s enough to elicit a few groans, grumbles, and a snooze alarm or two. Sometimes it’s just so hard to find the motivation to get things going. If that’s you, I want to encourage you with these words from Jesus. In Matthew Chapter 11, Verse 28, Jesus says “Come to me, all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” What it does to my soul to hear that my Savior knows that this life’s toils can leave me weary and my tank on empty. Yet I can turn to Christ in these times and find rest. It’s not that my labors will disappear, but I will find the power to endure and overcome them, and that I will not be alone as I work, for God is with me. So, I pray that you would find strength and hope in these words of Christ and the perseverance needed to start this week off right.

No comments:

Post a Comment