Thursday, August 2, 2018

Thursday, August 2, 2018

TIM Good morning, I’m Tim Wise, Senior Adult Minister and Sanctuary Choir Director at Central. Youth today seem to be overlooked a lot in the church due to their age and immaturity. They goof off and horseplay and don’t take worship and small group seriously. They embarrass their parents and get in trouble at school. Jeremiah was a youth when he was called to be a prophet of the Lord. And when Jeremiah resisted and told God he didn’t know how to speak since he was only a youth, God turned that idea upside down. Jeremiah 1:4-8 says: “Do not say: I am only a youth, for you will go to everyone I send you to and speak whatever I tell you. Do not be afraid of anyone, for I will be with you to deliver you.” God chose Jeremiah to be His prophet while he was in his youth. From the time Jeremiah was born, God had been planning out his life as a prophet. So, the next time you pass a youth in church, remember that they too could be a great prophet and leader of the church one day. Don’t discourage them! Encourage them! Invest in a relationship with them and do not be afraid to share your wisdom. I would not be where I am today in my walk with Christ if it weren’t for those wiser and mature individuals who invested in my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment