Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

SABRINA I am Sabrina Williams Director of Children and Family Ministry at Central. One of my favorite Bible verses is Psalms 46:10, “Be still and know that I am God.” That can be SO hard. We are often guilty, in the stillness, to grab this little electronic device and see what the weather is doing, who is on the beach, whose life makes us feel better about our own - you get it - we find it harder and harder to just “be still.” The other morning as I stumbled into the kitchen to make my first cup of coffee for the day, and yes, flip on Good Morning Meridian to see what I had missed, I was suddenly keenly aware of the stillness of morning. Genesis 1:5 came to my mind. “And there was evening and there was morning - the first day....” The first day...So many days have come and gone since that first day, yet each morning begins with the same still quiet miracles of creation. I invite you to rise a little earlier one morning this week and watch and listen to a miracle unfold-the miracle of a new day - and Be still and know that the God who created that first day, is your God.

No comments:

Post a Comment