Thursday, August 23, 2018

Thursday, August 23, 2018

BOB Good morning. This is Bob Peden of Central, a United Methodist Community here in Meridian, Mississippi. You often hear people ask: “Who is in control around here anyway?” Who or what is in control of your life? Have you abdicated control of your life to alcohol or drugs or some other addiction? Have you allowed someone else, parents, partner, or children to control you or are you controlling your own destiny? For me, I am giving control of my life over to God. I acknowledge that Jesus is not only my Savior but my Sovereign Lord as well. Sometimes that seems to be a very scary thing to do. It often looks like I can do a better job of taking care of myself than God can. But really, when I look back, I see that it was I who made the messes in my life, and it was God who brought about the successes I have enjoyed. I will continue to give full control of my life to God until, hopefully, one day I can say with the apostle Paul, “it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment