Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday, March 11, 2011

Amy

Good morning.
Isaiah 64:8 says “you Lord are our Father, We are the clay, you are the potter, we are all the work of your hand.” This potter and clay image has always been a meaningful biblical image for me.

During our recent “I am the Clay” spiritual life retreat here at Central, potter and spiritual director, Jane Knight, led us in a creative reflection of the profound image of God as the potter and us as the clay.

We each chose a pottery-related phrase to be our prayer for the retreat such as “center me, form me, open me, hold me, shape me, fill me, trim me, use me.” All of these phrases represent ways that God the Potter works in our lives.

As a potter forms and shapes the clay into a vessel, so God forms and shapes us.  Some of us are in the stage of being trimmed, some of us just need to be held for awhile.

Regardless of where you are on your spiritual journey, consider making one of these phrases your prayer today, and
may we all continue to grow to be more like our Divine Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment