Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday, May 23, 2011

GLENDA
 
Good Morning:

 
Daddy worked in the fields from sun-up to sun-down. It was hot that summer day. Mama sent me to take his lunch. I'll never forget the smell of that freshly turned dirt and seeing my daddy far on the other side on his tractor working away. 

There was one lone tree in the middle of that field that spread its branches big and strong. That's where I met him with his lunch. I sat with him while he ate and soaked up the warm sun, the shade from that beautiful old tree, and the smell. If heaven were like that I would be content, but Jesus said it's even better. He said, “I go to prepare a place for you where the streets are lined with gold and there are many mansions.” I'm glad that I believe in the kind of heavenly father who loves me and promises me so much.

That promise is for you, too. All you have to do is believe. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment