Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

SABRINA

I have fond memories of summers at my grandparents home in Lauderdale.  My grandmother would take me to the springs to fill jars with fresh, cool, clear, drinking water. My grandfather worked for the County, and in the afternoons; I would ride with him to light roadside flares. 

After that, we would go to the garden, just as the sun was setting, eating watermelon straight from the vine. That is where he taught me to call the whippoorwills. 

What wonderful memories of a time when I begin to learn, through my grandparents, to appreciate the beautiful world that God had prepared for me.

I think of those times in the cool quiet evenings at my country home and  each time I sing the hymn “This is My Father’s World.”



I encourage you to take some time this summer for yourself and those you love and enjoy some quiet moments away from daily life. Reflect on the beauty and peace of this world that God has created. Then take a moment to thank Him for it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment