Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday, March 1, 2012

SABRINA

This is the blanket that I was brought home from the hospital in.  It was wrapped around me during my baptism.  It held each of my children as they were baptized...and now has held each of my grandchildren.  It is a tangible reminder of God's presence in my life days after I was born and in the lives of my family today.  

At Central, we have a prayer shawl ministry that allows some of our members to use their talents and gifts, making shawls to be given to people in times of both joy and grief.  We have recently expanded our ministry, working in conjunction with Lifeline Children's Services, crocheting and knitting baby blankets to be given to babies and their families at the time of adoption.  We have also committed to make 1000 blankets that will be given to children in a China orphanage through Lifeline.  These children, are unfortunately, for the most part, labeled unadoptable, and will spend their days in a place where they will be loved and cared for...but without a family.  It is our hope that one of these blankets will serve as a tangible reminder that someone does love and care for them...God loves them, and people, though far away, care for and have prayed for them.

If you would like to be a part of this mission endeavor, please contact me at www.cumcmdn.org, or by phone 601-693-1521.

No comments:

Post a Comment