Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday, September 14, 2012

ASHLEY WREN



Hi, my name is Ashley Wren, and my family and I are members of Central United Methodist Church.



It seems that within our society today, schedules for both adults and children continue to be more demanding and hectic each year.  With school, sports, dance, homework, and countless other extracurricular activities now underway, our afternoons and evenings are not as calm as they were throughout the summer months.  Priorities begin to shift, and often family meals are on-the-go or in front of the TV.  Although it will take planning and careful consideration, I encourage you and your family to try to sit down together for a meal at least two to three times per week.   Sitting down together to eat with the TV, games, and cell phones off will encourage conversation and stability for the family.  My family starts with a prayer, and then we each share our high points and low points of our day.  Whether we are only able to schedule once a week or several times, it's something we all look forward to. 


I encourage your family to try it this week, and try coming to Central this Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment