Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

DOUG & MADDIE KENNEDY



Good morning. "Faith is the bird that sings, while it is still dark, in anticipation of the dawn." I am not sure where I first heard this or even who first said it, but this quote has stuck in my heart. Faith is the tenacity that believes when believing isn't easy and circumstances are hard.



Unfortunately, we often approach faith as something fully accomplished and mature or it is not true faith. We ask ourselves, "How can I believe when I still have some doubts?"

Yet in the real world in which Jesus lived, faith was challenging, hard, dangerous, and always in process.



This is Doug and Maddie Kennedy of Central United Methodist Church.



Lord, I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief! This is the struggle of real world faith -- faith that admits to some doubts, but hopes in the powerful grace of God, notices the incredible love of Jesus, and has tasted the presence of God's Spirit. I pray for that kind of faith for me and for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment