Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

JIM WALL



Good Morning!



Our former Bishop, Jack Meadors, went to visit a lady who was celebrating her 103rd birthday.  After wishing her a happy birthday, he asked how she was doing.  With a deep sigh, she said, “Well, I can finally rest now.”  “Why do you say that,” he asked.  She said, “Well, I finally got all my kids settled into nursing homes.”



We find these words in Matthew 11:28:  “Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.”  How does Christ give rest?  He offers transfer of yokes.  Whatever your problems, share them and give them to Christ.  The result is rest.  With each turning toward Christ, the weary finds peace of soul.  Not idleness of hands or spirit, but peace, the deep calming of one's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment