Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday, September 7, 2012

GLENDA

Do you know what this is? It's my Daddy's deer horn. He used it to train his dogs to come to him after a deer hunt. He was known for having the best deer hounds in the Mississippi Delta, and never lost a dog in the woods due to his good training. Those dogs were pampered, loved, and trained to obey all his commands.



This may sound funny, but my Dad raised us kids in much the same way. He showed us extreme love, pampered and spoiled us, and here's the best part…he made sure we were brought up in the church and trained in the teachings of God and Christ Jesus. He never knew this, but his love and training kept me out of a lot of trouble. When I found myself in a tough spot growing up, it was almost as if I could hear my Daddy blowing his deer horn for me to come back. Technically, it wasn't the deer horn, it was his amazing influence on me that made me remember what was expected of me. I saw God in my Dad every single day.



Can your children see God in you? Think about that and have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment