Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

OWEN WEDDLE



Good morning! I am Owen Weddle, the Associate Pastor at Central United Methodist.



Some years ago a famous athlete was asked by reporters: How does it feel to be a “role model”?  The athlete responded: I don't want to be a

role model!  I don't want to be anyone's “example”!  I just want to have a good time and enjoy life!



If only it were that simple!  The reality is that ALL of us are being watched every day by someone.  All of us have a great influence on those

around us.  And all of us leave an “impression” on others.



The important question each of us must answer is: What KIND of influence am I?  Am I an influence for GOOD in the world?  Or am I an

influence for EVIL?



Jesus told his followers: You are the SALT of the earth; you are the LIGHT of the world.  Salt and light “penetrate” and change everything they

touch.



Today - remember that you will leave an impression on others.  Make it a GREAT day!

No comments:

Post a Comment