Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday, September 13, 2013

JIM CAIN



"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye
might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation:
but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Lately, everywhere you look there are posters or t-shirts with the words "Keep Calm and...." emblazoned on them and you fill in the blank depending on your mood or situation at the time. The original phrase was "Keep Calm and Carry On," which was on a poster issued in the UK as a morale booster during World War 2. I have even seen some that say "Keep Calm and Eat Cake" or "Keep Calm and Eat Chocolate". That's advice I can live by. The more I think about those sayings, the more I am reminded how much the Lord can keep me calm. It was at the beginning of the summer when I wrote down some of my thoughts, but now with all of the continuing violence in the Middle East and all the political unrest here in our own country, it makes me have a need to keep calm more than ever right now. I'm just so glad that I have the Lord to go to for that calming. The Lord grounds me and helps me to be able to "carry on". After all, He has "...overcome the world." John 16:33. 
So, how do you keep calm?

No comments:

Post a Comment