Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Jim Cain

I was in the “library” reading on my iPad early one morning when my book disappeared & suddenly I

saw my own face, and the words Face Time appeared, and there was my youngest son smiling and

waving as he said in one long sentence “Morning Dad we are getting ready to go to VBS at

grandmother's church it should be fun then we're going to Bullet's to eat and if it isn't raining p..” And

then he paused and said awkwardly, “Uh, Dad where are you?” and before I could answer my

nephew's face popped up from behind Doc it hit me I was “reading” so I pointed the screen ceiling

ward and said, “Um, guys let me call y'all back. ”

In retrospect my 1st Face Time session was like the 1st time I prayed or “Face Timed” with God.

Though I couldn't see him I had been to VBS enough in my childhood to know that he could see and

hear me perfectly. The words of that prayer have long slipped through the drain that has become my

memory, but I know that it became easier to talk to God the more I gave over to Him. And that once I

learned he was more interested in what I was telling Him than where I was or what I looked like, then

those conversations became longer and frequent as the days went by. Have you “Face Timed' with God

today? Try it; I think you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment