Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday, September 6, 2013

JOHN BRANNING



Good Morning! I'm John Branning, Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. I grew up in Neshoba County on a family farm. As fall approaches each year, my mind returns to my youth and I begin to remember that this season was a time to hunt, spend time with family, and slow down in life just a little.



All of us now seem to be in a constant rush, always on the go and seemingly no time to rest. God said that we all need rest, so much so that he placed in the great commandments, that one day a week should be set aside for worship and rest; and for most of us, that day is Sunday.



I encourage you to honor this commandment, because in honoring the Lord's day not only will we get the rest that we need; but in worshiping God, we will not forget who he is to us and all that we have because of His blessings.



If you need a place to find spiritual rest, then please visit us at Central UMC and find a home with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment