Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday, September 20, 2013

JIM CAIN

Good Morning!

Now that summer is over and the class of 2013 is safely off to college, with thank you notes written for

graduation gifts received and senior parties given, it won't be long before the parties for the class of

2014 will begin.

But before it does, let's take one last look at the summer of 2013. Most of my friends were invited to the

last party of the summer, I, however, was not. I pretended it didn't bother me since I had plans on that

date anyway. Ironically, my son got invited by the younger brother of the party host. “Even though the

party is for my brother you should come,” the boy told my son. “After all, I'm sure your Dad will be

coming.” When my son relayed the message I snapped, “Your Dad most certainly will not be going,

your Dad wasn't invited!”

The day after the party, my nephew came slowly walking in with a stack of mail and said, “I put this in

Doc's room on Wednesday when we checked it, I'm sorry Aunt Suzanne.” And there in the pile of

misplaced mail was the invitation I had been waiting on.

Now the funny thing is many of us walk around pouting all the time feeling like we haven't been

invited to God's party because of the things we've done, when in reality God has issued an invitation to

anyone willing to open the door and let him come in!

No comments:

Post a Comment