Thursday, October 24, 2013

Thursday, October 24, 2013

John Branning

Good Morning! I'm John Branning, Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. One of my

favorite pass times during the fall is to watch college football games. I love every minute of it as I

watch my team run onto the field and watch the expectation of victory from the players. What is more

exciting though is to watch the expressions of the fans during a game. They yell and scream, paint

themselves in their team colors; and win or lose, they are emotionally tied with the players on the field.

I have often wondered if we as Christians' would become as passionate as college football fans are,

what our world would be like. I do not believe in a silent faith but a faith that is worth living and

sharing. You don't have to paint yourself in your church colors, but we must be just as passionate about

sharing the Gospel as we are the college football team we love.

I invite you to reconnect your passion and faith with us at Central United Methodist Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment