Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

BOB

Good morning! This is Bob Peden of Central United Methodist Church. Do you believe in God? I have

a friend who, whenever the subject of God comes up says very clearly, AI don=t believe anybody is up

there.@ As a Christian pastor I have to agree with him, on 2 counts. First, the God I know is not up

there, rather He is down here. He is active in my everyday life. He sustains my very being. He is my

constant companion. God is with us, not up there somewhere watching from afar.

Secondly, I don=t believe there is a God, I know God personally. My faith is that He will be there to

save me in my time of greatest need. But I don=t have to believe there is a God, because I know God, I

visit with him every day and depend on him for all of my needs.

So, I agree, I don=t believe there is anybody up there. I know that God is here with me in my wins and

in my losses, in my hurts, my cares, and my joys. How about you? Do you believe in God or do you

know Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment