Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

DENNIS

Good Morning. As a little boy, my extended family would always get together during the summer

months. Once, we gathered at the lake to play softball. Adults and kids alike were so enthralled with

the game that no one noticed the dark cloud on the horizon. I readied myself in the outfield, waiting on

my uncle at bat to pop a fly ball in my direction. Suddenly, a bright light flashed the home plate and a

loud sizzle vibrated the air. Being dazed by the excitement, I did not know what to do, as people were

rushing to aid my uncle. Finally, I heard my aunt urgently calling my name, as she motioned for me to

come to her.

Today, the church needs voices like that of my aunt, urgently calling out. The church needs people who

are willing to speak Godly truth in the midst of all the confusion of this age. Will you be the voice that

calls us out of the haze; motioning us to the safe haven of Christ? I'm Dennis Gossett, Associate Pastor

at Central UMC.

No comments:

Post a Comment