Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Jim Cain

Good Morning!

Tonight my wife will turn the lights off at the Cain home, light some candles, paint her face, and slip

into a black dress in hopes of getting some treats. No, I'm not talking about Halloween but my 21st

wedding anniversary. The celebration of a union that has withstood sickness and health, good times

and bad, forsaking all others, a union that has given me the best treats of all, my two sons. Yet, no

matter how strong our love has been over these two decades it pales in comparison to the love written

about in Romans where the author states, "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while

we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”

When I married my wife I got a haircut, showered, and put on the nicest tuxedo I could find. After the

wedding we dined at a fine restaurant before departing for one of the South's most romantic cities, New

Orleans, for a few days together before the “reality” of the world set back in. Fortunately, Christ on the

other hand, took us at our worst, and loves us unconditionally forever.

In a world that is full of “tricks' and deceptions let me encourage you to latch on to the “treat” that is

Jesus, you'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment