Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

JOHN

Good Morning! I’m John Branning the Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church.

The other day, my youngest child, Jasper, who is six years old, and I were reading one of his assignments for school. He stopped in the midst of his reading and said Dad, we learned today about wise William. I said who was that? He said he was a man in our story at school that built a house, and he built it on the rock.

I realized quickly that he was talking to me about Matthew 7. So, I begin to ask him questions, and he said there was another guy who built his house on sand, and it washed away. I asked him what was the name of that guy? He thought for a while and he looked at me and said I don’t remember and it doesn’t matter his house was washed away.

I laughed and thought how true that for our name to be remembered for eternity we have to build our house on the rock of Jesus. If we don’t, then when the storms come, our house will wash away and so will our spiritual legacy. Build right and leave a legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment