Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

TIM

Good morning, I’m Tim Wise, Sanctuary Choir Director at Central.

I recently attended a music and worship conference at Lake Junaluska, North Carolina. One evening while preparing for bed, the power went out in the lodge in which I was staying. It was late at night and we were in the mountains of North Carolina, so you can imagine there was no light anywhere. I began wandering my way back to my room, but had no light to use because my phone had just died. It was quite difficult navigating a residence in pitch black that I had not stayed in prior to my first and second night there.

When I realized I needed to charge my phone, I wandered in the pitch black to my vehicle outside to plug it in. I instantly realized the power was out for the entire block. I drove around for about 20 minutes (enough to get a 10% charge on my phone) and went back to the lodge. As I was walking in the front door, the power came back on.
I was doing exactly what a lot of people in this world try to do-navigate in the darkness.

Jesus tells us He’s the Light of the world. Without Him, we’re in the dark spiritually. We keep stumbling, falling, and feeling frustrated about it all. Just remember that Jesus is the light. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness cannot overcome it.

No comments:

Post a Comment