Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday, June 20, 2014

JIM CAIN

Don’t we all long to be loved and accepted? To belong? So many messages
tell us we don’t. We get cut from the baseball team, dropped from the
Honor Roll, our hours are cut at work, we’re left off the guest list
for the party this weekend.

Everything from acne to anorexia leaves us feeling like the kid with no date to the prom. The world acts, we react. We validate our existence with a hailstorm of activity. We do more, lose more weight, buy more clothes, and achieve more.

 We try to say the right things, to the right people, to get the right look, to be invited to hang with the right people. We try to fit in. All of it boiling down to the question we ask ourselves when we’re alone, “Do I belong, do I matter?”

God has an answer. His grace, outrageous, overflowing, reaching beyond the stars and back again is the definitive reply. “Be blessed my child. I love you, I accept you. I have adopted you into my family.”  Adopted children are chosen children.

Join all of God’s children in His House this Sunday for worship.  If you don’t already have a church where you attend, I would like to invite you to join us in worship at 8:30, 9:45, or 10:55 a.m. at Central United Methodist church!

No comments:

Post a Comment