Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

RANDY HAMMON

Good Morning!

Have you ever questioned what God really expects of us when we decide to follow Him?  Most people, as well as most saints in the Bible, have asked this question.

One that stands out to me was Micah, one of the prophets in the Old Testament.  He was pretty straightforward with the question.  In Micah Chapter 6, he asks the Lord what he can come to the Lord with.  Can I bring the Lord burnt offerings; can I sacrifice rams; can I offer rivers of oil; shall I present my firstborn for my rebellious acts?

You know, we do the same things today, thinking we have to give up this or that to please the Lord.  But listen to how the Lord answered.  The Lord said, “I have told you oh man what is good; and what do I require of you, but to do justice, love kindness, and walk humbly with your God.

Let’s try God’s simple three steps, and stop making our relationships with God so complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment