Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

JIM CAIN

Good Morning!

When I was in junior high school we read fables from all over the world
one semester. I remember reading one from Russia about a servant and
master who went on a journey to a faraway city. Many o the details have been forgotten in time, but I remember the 2 men got caught in a
raging blizzard and lost their way, forcing them to be out in the elements overnight. The next morning rescuers found the master frozen to
death face down in the snow. The servant, however, they found alive trapped between the ground and his master. Later he told his saviors
that his master had voluntarily laid over him so that he could live.

I hadn’t thought about that story in years until I thought about what Christ did for us, for Jesus is the master who died for his servants. Only through the sacrifice of our master, Jesus, do we survive and reach our goal. He
dies so we can live.

No comments:

Post a Comment