Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday, February 8, 2016

JONATHAN

Hi, I’m Jonathan Crabtree, Pastor for Student Ministry at Central United Methodist Church in downtown Meridian. Once upon a time, I tried my luck at gardening. I wanted to plant something, watch it grow, and enjoy the fruit of my labor. I took the necessary steps in preparing the soil, planted a few plants, and then tried to figure out how to use a tomato cage. After a week or so, I noticed some growth in the tomato plants but the cage just didn’t look right. A neighbor wandered by the garden and told me that the cage was upside down. After that, the plant had a more firm and secure growing cage around it. It was growing but not to its full potential because of the cage.

I think life is like that sometimes. We try a new hobby, or perhaps a new healthy habit, and we see some results but not like we could if we have some help from an experienced friend. Has your New Year’s resolution gone to the wayside? If so, look for help. Ask an experienced friend to help you. Have someone walk alongside you as you attempt something new this year. If it’s a spiritual habit, ask God for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment