Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thursday, February 4, 2016

KRISTINA

Good morning! My name is Kristina Crabtree and I am the Minister of Spiritual

Formation at Central United Methodist Church. Beloved, this is not a word you

hear too often but is one of the most inspiring words to me. It is the very word

God the Father speaks to his Son. Listen to this account in Matt. 3:16-17, “And

when Jesus had been baptized, just as he came up from the water, suddenly the

heavens were opened to him and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a

dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, the

Beloved, with whom I am well pleased.”

These verses are at the central meaning of being a child of God. You are a

beloved child of God, let that sink in, you are a beloved son or daughter of the

Most High God. I don’t know about you but that will change a person. When you

have an intimate encounter with God as Jesus did, you encounter others much

deeper. You will see other people as beloved children of God. Do you know you

are beloved by God? I hope so! If not, know you are beloved by God. Have a

great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment