Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

JOHN

Good Morning! I’m John Branning the Lead Pastor of Central United Methodist Church. There was a time in my life when I felt that I was not a very good follower of Jesus. I felt that way because I had so many questions, and good people told me that God didn’t like to be bothered with questions and I should just have faith and keep my mouth shut.

However, as I begin to study for myself the great characters of the bible, one trait that all of them shared was a sense that God was not too big for their problems. Abraham, Moses, Elijah, and Job all asked God questions in the most difficult situations of life and all of them were pillars of our faith.

You may be one that at this very moment are filled with questions about life and why things are the way they are. Maybe you don’t even want an answer, you just want to vent. I assure you today, that God is big enough for your questions, and he is big enough for you to vent to and he doesn’t mind you asking anything of him.

If you have questions, we would love to have you visit us at Central. Come and connect with God and others at Central.

No comments:

Post a Comment